The Biltmore Fashion Park, a dinning and retail plaza famous for its luxurious facilities, is located in the Biltmore District, Phoenix, along the prestigious stretch of East Camelback Rd. The plaza is Phoenix’s centre of high end and luxurious shopping. It had undergone an expansion and renovation recently.
- Biltmore Fashion Park was opened in 1962 on the outskirts of Phoenix. Since its opening it had been Phoenix’s favorite and premier luxury shopping and dining destination. Magnin and The Broadway were the early era anchor store of the park.
- The Gittings Portrait Studio during the 60s and 70s has the credit of photographing famous and influential personalities as well as celebrities that were Biltmore’s frequent visitors.
- The mid 1990’s, were crucial years for the centre as Taubman Centers purchased it for $115 million and gave it a new transformation retaining its original mid-western architecture. Saks Avenue took over Magnin’s space and Macy’s took over The Broadway’s former space. A number of new luxury retailers got introduced during the same period, Cole Haan, Escada, Gucci, Louis Vuitton, Ralph Lauren to name a few.
- In the early 2000’s, to compete with the growing retail competition that was brought down directly from the newer high-end retail centers in nearby Scottsdale, the Biltmore Fashion Park’s ownership went to Westcor, and then started a major renovation, to revitalize the older look of the center that was considered outdated.
- The Biltmore had to face a rivalry from the Scottsdale fashion square which was just a few miles away from there. Many Brands started migrating to Scottsdale and to deal with this situation, Westcor started relocating global brand’s to the Fashion Square to allow a diversity of fashion store options for the buyers. Westcor also brought Betsey Johnson and Gucci at the place of Louis Vuitton which shifted to Scottsdale. The company started signing new and promising labels as well as setup big names of the fashion industry to provide that luxurious experience to its customers for which it had been famous for so long.
The park apart from its iconic stores is also famous for world famous eateries that serve almost every form of cuisine and are ranked many times at the top spots. The Biltmore Fashion Park is an iconic landmark in the state of Arizona and many celebrities can be easily spotted around, so there is always something or the other and visitor’s always end up spending a great time.