Slices of sweet apples are along with cinnamon,sugar, and nutmeg with a pinch of salt and some tablespoons of flour (which help to thicken out of the juices from the apples into the perfect and sweet creamy textured sauce) and then put into a sizable casserole dish. This apple mixture is then topped with a great topping of oats,flour, butter and brown sugar that bakes into the perfect crisp.
This recipe is extremely versatile and you may use a mix of apples dependent on what is obtainable in your neighborhood. It’s best to use a mixture of both apples that stay firm during the time of baking (such as for example Cortland or Gravenstein) plus some apples that cook down to a soft consistency when baking,
- 9-10 large apples which were peeled, cored and sliced
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon of nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- For preparing the Apples:
For Preparing the Topping:
- 1 bowl of flour
- one bowl of brown sugar
- ½ bowl of oats
- ½ bowl of butter (1 stick cut into 1-inch pieces)
- Vanilla frozen dessert for the time of serving
- Preheat the oven to a temprature of 375 degrees. Spray a big casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a sizable bowl, combine the apple slices, sugar, nutmeg, salt, flour, cinnamon. Toss to cover the apples and transfer to your prepared baking dish.
- To make the topping, combine the flour, brown sugar and oats in a medium bowl. Add the butter pieces, in accordance with your fingers, rub the butter into the mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle this mixture throughout the apples.
- Bake it for 35 to forty mins or until the topping looks golden and crisp in addition to inside is warm and bubbly.
- Let to sit for around 30 mins before serving with vanilla ice cream.