We all will agree to the fact that crispy and smoky bacon are one of the greatest pleasures of our lives. However, cooking bacon dodging and sputtering it over on a hot stove is not an easy task. You might be a little skeptic in accepting the fact that one can cook bacons, equally yummy and perfect in an oven like that of a hot stove. It might be an unorthodox way but just think over it, Imagine you have a whole bunch of guests coming over. For a small quantity it might seem not so difficult but when you have to cook a large batch of them. Before you continue or decide to drop of the idea to learn how to cook bacon in the oven, go through the following facts.
First thing, it’s very easy. You don’t need to flip and monitor them. Just lay down the bacons on a baking sheet, stick the sheet inside the oven, and set it on timer.
Second thing, you get to bake almost a pound of bacon in one batch. So, it gets easier to cook large quantities of bacon at once and those too at a quick speed. So you can satisfy your guest’s taste buds as well as their belly.
So here is the procedure on How to bacon in the oven.
1 to 2 pounds of bacon
2 to 3 baking sheets
- Preheating the oven: Preheat the oven to 400°F. Place your rack in the lower third of the oven and second rack in the top third of the oven in case you are going to cook multiple sheets of bacon.
- Arranging the bacon: Lay down the bacons in a single layer on the baking sheet, and make sure to cover it with a foil so that it becomes easier for you to clean. You can lay the bacons close to each other but do not overlap them on each other. Instead you should use multiple sheets.
- Baking the bacons: Bake the bacons until it turns deep golden-brown in color and crispy, for about 15 to 20 minutes. The exact time depends on the bacon’s thickness and how crispy you want it to be. Start monitoring around 12-13 minutes to check how the bacons are cooking. The bacon fat shouldn’t splatter in the way it does on a stove top. Pour bacon grease as per your requirement.
- Cooling the bacon: Remove the bacon with the help of tongs on a platter covered with paper towels and serve them immediately. You can refrigerate your bacons and store them for around 2-3 months and heat them on a microwave when you wish to eat. So in short they last long.
- Cleaning up: You can save the bacon grease by letting it cool down a bit and then pouring it in a container or if you don’t wish to than let it solidify on the foil and discard it with the foil.
Elevate the bacon as it allows them to cook from all side and make them crispier.
So I guess now you will try out and it helped you to earn how to cook bacon in the oven.