Ingredients Required For this Recipe
- 125 grams of softened butter
- one cup of caster sugar
- half teaspoon of coconut essence
- two eggs
- one and half cups of self-raising flour
- one fourth cup of cocoa powder
- half cup of desiccated coconut
- one cup of milk
- double cream, for serving
For Chocolate Buttercream
- 200 gram of chopped butter
- 200 gram of chopped dark chocolate
- Step First-Preheat oven at 180°C/160°C that is fan-forced. Cover a 5.5cm-deep, 20cm (bottom) circular cake cooking pan. Line it using baking paper. Making use of an electric power blender, beat the butter, coconut essence and sugar until eventually it turns fluffy. Put eggs, one at a time, whipping well following every addition.
- Step Second-Sift 1 / 2 of the flour plus 1 / 2 the cocoa powder over butter blend. Put 1 / 2 the coconut. Blend to mix. Put 1 / 2 cup milk. Blend to mix. Repeat using leftover cocoa, coconut, milk and flour. Scoop inside prepared cooking pan. Smooth of the top. Bake for fifty-five mins or till a skewer put inside the center will come out clean. Stand in cooking pan for ten mins. Switch out on a wire rack for cooling it off..
- Step Third-To make Chocolate buttercream: Put butter plus chocolate inside a glass or porcelain bowl on a saucepan containing simmering water. Stir till it smooth’s off. Cool at room temp. Beat the blend using a wooden spoon till it turns spreadable and thick.
- Step Fourth-Making use of a notched cutting knife, cut cake into half crossways. Put base of cake upon a plate. Cover with one third of buttercream. Sandwich using the cake top. Spread leftover buttercream on the top and side of the cake. Serve using cream.