Victoria’s Secret a brand that is worldwide famous for its lingerie and of course it’s models that with love are addressed as Victoria’s Secret Angels (and indeed they are angels, every man’s desire). Victoria’s Secret in order to promote and showcase its line of designer lingerie and sleepwear annually organizes Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show at different locations every year. The angels, which includes a long line of supermodels and celebrities showcase are selected by a special jury every year and is a shot for the aspirants to rise to the fame books. The broadcasting rights of the show are held by American Network Television, which broadcast the show in the prime time slot keeping in mind the viewership and the fame of the show.
- Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show for the very first time was held in August 1995, hosted at Plaza Hotel, New York and was held at the same place for the following 3 years. In the year 1999 The limited, who is the parent company of Victoria’s Secret owner Intimate Brands was broadcasted on web by Broadcast.com. Intimate brands spent a whopping $5.5 million just on advertisements.
- In year 2000 show was held in France at the time of Cannes to raise money for AIDS charity and was broadcasted on web that year too.
- The following the broadcasting rights went to ABC network and the show landed back to New York which the people marked as home coming, but this year the venue was different. Bryant Park hosted the show that year and the shows viewership jumped into millions and that was marked as the rise of Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show into the league of major fashion events.
- The show in the year 2004 was organized as an annual tour called as Angels across America Tour. This was the last year when Tyra Bank walked down the runway for the brand and then came an end of a decade’s association with the brand and as an angel. From 2002 till 2005 the venue was Lexington Avenue Armory, New York.
- The year 2006 and 2007, the show was hosted at The Kodak Theatre, Los Angeles. In 2007 the company celebrated its 25th anniversary and commemorated all the supermodels associated with the brands; Miranda Kerr, Heidi Klum, Adriana Lima and a long list of top models. The same year on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in front of the Kodak Theatre Victoria’s Secret Angels were commemorated with a star.
- In 2008 the show was hosted at Fontainebleau, Miami Beach at the time of its grand re- opening . from 2009 till 2013 it was again a home coming for Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show. Lexington Avenue Avery, New York hosted the show.
- Tin 2014 the show is scheduled to be held at Earls Court, London in the month of December.
Artist’s associated with the show
- Hosted by Rupert Everett in the year 2001.
- Justin Timberlake, opened the 2006 show with his famous number “Sexy Back”.
- The 2007’s show showcased Spice Girls and Will.i.am.
- In 2008, Usher performed and opened the show.
- 2010 show saw performances by Katty Perry and Akon.
- The 2011 show was opened by Kanye West, who was supposed to perform in the year 2007. He paid a tribute to his mother calling her “His super angel” by the song STRONGER.
- In 2013, Fallout Boys, Taylor Swift, Neon Jungle and A great Big World performed in the show and the show in the year saw the maximum viewership by television audience.
Adriana Lima, Alessandra Ambrosio, Doutzen Kroes, Behati Prinsloo, Candice Swanepoel, Tyra Banks, Laetitia Casta, Heidi Klum, Karen Mulder, Daniela Pestova, Inés Rivero are all famous as Vicotria’s Secret Angels and are a few names it the very long list. The angels walking down the runway wearing angel feather’s is an iconic mark exclusive to the show. Victoria’s Secret is now a regarded as a major event in fashion fraternity and every year it adds a new star to its fame